George R. Brown Professor of Marketing
Utpal Dholakia is the George R. Brown Professor of Marketing at the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University in Houston, Texas. He has a master’s degree in psychology, and a Ph.D. in marketing from the University of Michigan, a master’s degree in operations research from the Ohio State University, and a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering from the University of Bombay.
His research interests lie in studying motivational psychology of consumers and online marketing issues such as virtual communities and online auctions. He also studies relational aspects of consumer behavior. He has published in a number of marketing and management journals, and consults with firms in financial services, energy, health-care and other industries.
To read more about Prof. Weston’s work, please visit Rice Business Wisdom.
- Jones Graduate School of Business
- Alpha Pi Mu (Industrial Engg Honor Society)
- American Marketing Association
- Association for Consumer Research
- B.E (1993) University of Bombay
- M.S. (1994) Ohio State University
- M.S. (1997) University of Michigan
- Ph.D. (1998) University of Michigan
- Pricing strategies
- Financial decision making
- Social consumer behavior
- Online marketing
- SME Marketing strategy